Tuesday, October 12, 2004
(Coordinator - Rasi)
Q. What is the opposite of SAD?
A. The opposite of SAD is ASAD.
Beg pardon? ASAD? What's ASAD?
ASAD, friends, stands for Anti-SAD. It is also the abbreviation of A Smile A Day. :-)))))))))
Laughter has been the best medicine over the ages. Did you know ...
- There are 18 different kinds of smiles? The most revealing is the smile of enjoyment!
- It takes 13 muscles to smile and 50 muscles to frown? So, avoid facial wrinkles -- smile!
- Laughing for 15 seconds adds two days to the life span?
- Laughing 100 times a day is equal to a 10-minute session of rowing?
Our face reflects our philosophy of life. So why sweat when we can laugh?
Hundreds of Laughter Groups exist today. Are you a member of any? If not, here's your chance to join an Online Laughter Group -- ASAD.
The genesis of ASAD happened here. To quote the author, who puts it beautifully, "I do know one small thing, and that is, one might not be able to change the whole world, but one can definitely change a precious moment in somebody' s life, anytime and anywhere. There is a free tool to do that, a tool which is, like us software people say, platform independent. The use of this tool doesn't depend on your education, caste, religion etc. It is free for all and effortless. This Tool is called SMILE ... "
The prerequisites for participation in Project ASAD are that you must be willing to try and do each of the following at least once every week:
- Remember to play. Let's all be kids once in a while. It's fun :)
- Think funny! You don't have to actually BE funny, but at least THINK funny! :)
- Laugh at yourself. Hey, we've all done dumb and dumber things, haven't we? And it's cool that way ... perfect people are so BORING !!
- Laugh with others, never at them.
- Lighten up! You know, just because we laugh doesn't mean we're not professionals, does it?
- Share laughter. It's life's greatest gift.
For obtaining ideas and contributing suggestions on how to make others laugh, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
And let us Make A Difference.